2017 Panel Guidelines
1. Form Panel Teams
Deadline: April, 28th.
If you are interested in helping to organize a panel team and you haven’t volunteered or been notified yet, signup here – https://www.igf-usa.org/2017-panel-team-sign-up/
2. Organize First Call
Deadline: Call to be completed by May 8.
During the call, the panel team will:
- Develop and describe a concrete subject for the panel based upon discussion and rough consensus. The subject and process must take into account the IGF-USA Code of Conduct and Principles, and the survey response topics that the subject is based upon
- Assign a team leader and a representative to interface with the steering committee and provide ongoing up to date information. The team leader and representatives can be the same person.
3. Create Panel Description
Deadline: Panel description to be delivered by May 19th.
Each panel team will produce and deliver a detailed (2-5 paragraph) description of the panel including descriptions of potential panelists. Teams may also wish to explore alternative formats, for example roundtable discussions.
4. Form Panels
Deadline: Panelists invitations to go out by May 29th.
Deadline: Panels to be finalized by May 29th.
- Volunteers send suggestions for speakers to the panel team leader.
- The panel should, to the greatest extent possible:
- Include one stakeholder from the private sector, civil society, the technical community, the academic community, and the government.
- Reflect gender balance.
- Reflect diversity.
- Include differing perspectives.
- The panel team leader will present the proposed panel to the panel team during a second call, for discussion. Suggestions for change must be acknowledged and debated. The panel composition will move forward based upon rough consensus.
5. Finalized Panel Description
Deadline: Panel descriptions to be submitted by June 9th.
Each Panel teams representative will be responsible for providing the Steering Committee with up-to-date information on the panel, including:
- Panel descriptions
- panelists bios and social media links (Twitter handles and LinkedIn profiles)
6. Panel Reports Due
Deadline: Panel reports to be submitted by July 28th.
Panel team leaders must submit a panel report by July 28th summarizing the panel and including key take-aways.